Thursday, February 4, 2010

ugh...well that was confusing! I've only bloged a few times before and that was just for another class. I thought setting this up would be easy but I ran into some unexpected problems...first I couldn't use my new paltz e-mail address because I had already used it for the other class. I decided to use my old e-mail address that my sister made my account for when I was 12 or something so the actual address is kind of embarassing "ppanther" yes I used to LOVE the pink panther. Anyway after overiding cookie handling I have finally created a new blog. I guess this experience goes to show me that although I consider myself adept with computers there is ALWAYS more to learn especially with how fast technologies are updated and changed! The youtube videos shown in our first class had some fairly staggering statistics that prove that the world is fast paced and will continue to change with the continuous introduction of new technology.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you stayed with it and were able to set up a blog. There is definitely always new things to learn and new technologies developed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Digital Nation videos were really interesting! It is always a necessity of educators to differentiate lessons and teaching methods in order to fulfill each individual student's needs. Everyone learns differently which is the reason that differentitated instruction is so important. Through watching the videos and learning about virtual worlds it is evident that they are an effective method of teaching. A virtual world lets people interactively learn through a "real" experience. The old saying "practice makes perfect" has been proven true time and time again. The more experience you have at something and the more time you put into something the better you become. Virtual worlds allow you to gain the experience needed to learn how to do something in the real world.

    ReplyDelete